Friday, January 27, 2012

Blog Assignment # 1

Sports
Molded
My name is Kristi Jackson. I was born on November 10, 1983 in Los Angeles, CA. I am majoring in Elementary Education and Special Education. Over the past years I've explored my options by attending various colleges. In essence, I eventually moved back to Mobile to receive a valuable degree. My family is rather large, we inherit the gene of being profound teachers, principals, and professors. At a young age I dreamed of becoming a college professor/coach. My passions, and desires thrive around sports: basketball and softball. After high school I received a scholarship in both sports. I draw for fun, and I take pictures of nature with my spare time. My favorite quote is, "The Foot Prints". In my opinion, I am well rounded because I excel in academics and sports, which in turn will mold me to become a unforgetable instructor.
Unforgetable Moment
Randy Pausch on Time Management. is an incredible speech, because he gives you direct skills to obtain in life for your benefit. Mr. Pausch's video enlightened me more on time management. Specifically he speaks about ways on how to plan for success by using realistic goals and for filling them with out stress or procrastination. Honestly, I enjoyed Randy Pausch on Time Management video because he inspired me a great deal to work even harder on my journey as teacher.
Time Management Is Self Discipline
Sometimes we forget the smallest things can take up the most time, futhermore, when everything goes wrong at one time, imagine how much time is being wasted. I once experienced this frustrating issue, because I played two sports, I was working, and I had a full time academic schedule. I learned very quickly time is precious! Time Management Lessons is indeed a lesson. It explains what goes on in young, adult college students' minds as they enter college. Much like the previous page, Time Management Excercises deliver in depth information on prioritizing, such as watching television or talking on the cell phone when you know you have incomplete work that needs to be attended to. I will surely take in all of this information that I interpreted, because it was extremely resourceful and indeed relevant to my success as a future educator.

4 comments:

  1. It is very cool that your from the California area. Honestly, I have to admit that I took in a little jealous feeling after I read your first sentence. It is neat how you said "I eventually moved back to Mobile to receive a valuable agree". The reason I mention this is because you mentioned also that you have tried many colleges, which tells me that you respect USA more than those other schools you tried out. It's rare, for me, to hear one say that they dreamed to be a teacher at a young age, but hey that is great, because you are a lot closer now to getting that degree compared at that young age. I respect your basketball/softball skills a lot.My reason for that is because yeah, I played baseball and basketball as a young kid throughout grade school some, but hey, I did not get any type of money for those sports in college! It is a good thing that you have the correct seeming mind set to be an unforgettable teacher.
    For Randy Pausch, it is good to have yourself surrounded by people like him. Now, that is a hard thing to do in the world I know, but I think a point I am making is to at least stay away from those people not like Mr. Pausch. That will help anyone succeed in my opinion. I am going to look into more of his videos because I saw one and I had that same motivation feeling you mentioned.
    I totally understand what you mean with time management. The cool thing about it is if anyone works hard, "to that next level", at whatever it is they are doing, sooner or later they could find their selves doing that for a living. I have been a drummer since 6th grade. Since I graduated high school, it is like multitasking is one of the things about me that I do. I have been in a few bands where I play drum set and they have been semi serious. I am currently in one, and when we start gigging in Mobile, I might put it on a post or something. Anyways, in high school, I was the section leader of the drum line, and marched the snare line for 4 years. At Fairhope High school, I was also in the concert/symphonic bands, and played in Fairhope's jazz band as the drum set player. I attended Faulkner State Community College for 2 years (took a year off), and I played in their jazz band, their rock type band, and did solos at the end of both school years on my snare drum in front of a lot of people(That was cool!). Now, at South, I made the snare line and marched this past semester, and this semester I am one of the three drummers who play at the USA's Home Basketball games. My point of mentioning this, is only to let you know that I know what you mean by multitasking! I know for myself that it is good to have things you like to do to motivate you in one's life. I completely agree with what you said about incomplete work needs to be more important than being on your cell phone or watching tv. If you keep that mind set it seems you have and do not stop until you graduate, you will get a job I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zach,
      I really appreciate you reading my blog. Thanks for the positve feed backs!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to EDM310. It sounds as if you have a talented family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Strange,
    Thanks! My family really means the world to me, and they have been a constant guidance through out my entire life

    ReplyDelete