Sunday, February 12, 2012

Blog Post #3 new

Special needs student


Technology in Special Education is a great video to watch, especially if you have had experience with students with disabilities, or will encounter these wonderful students. Apps can help facilitate teachers. Ms. Lacy Cook demonstrates with her class exactly how effective technology can be. She showed different students, with different diagnosis, and she demonstrates assistance to help them succeed.

Furthermore, apps are helpful tools for instance, the myHomework app. This app in particular would help accommodate a child with a speech difficulty. Like the video, it would allow the child to express himself better, as well as, it will captivate his/her attention. Some apps even enlarge pictures/letters and make lots of noises. They also help students write better. There are numerous dynamic apps today. In general technology helps all students learn regardless of there conditions. When I become a teacher I will most definitely utilize the various sorts of apps, to increase learning, to better communication, and exceed student's overall learning capabilities.

Gary's Watch the Social Media Count change every second when you click on this sentence., reminds me of the cliche',"strength in numbers". There are indeed strength in numbers when discussing technology and its rapid growth.Gary's Social Media Count includes previous stats and up to date stats of the progress of the World Wide Web. What does all these stats mean to me as a future educator? First, I knew technology was growing however, I didn't know the certain rate. This count informed me on exactly how fast, which in turn, allowed me to comprehend what type of advanced situations that I will inevitably face.

I really enjoyed A Vision of Students Today. What immediately snatched my attention was the question written on the back of a desk,"If these walls could talk". I just love the reality behind that underlying statement. What I witness on that particular video was creativity, what actually goes on, and the numbers behind the problem. The main focus of the video in my opinion is technology enhance the classroom if used properly.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kristi,

    Good post! I see where you tried to add some links. Everything looks good, but when I click on the links it doesn't work. Come by the lab and we will see if we can fix that.

    Thanks,

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete