Thursday, February 16, 2012

C4T #1/2 (summary)

It's Called Respect!

I read Dr. McLeod's post, "Don't Teach Your Kids This Stuff. Please?". This post actually stuck to my brain like a magnet on a refrigerator, because it is precise symbolism that satire and sarcasm illustrate. I explain further how in my class there will be a zero tolerance for this type of behavior. I understand as a teacher I will come across satire and sarcasm, and I am certain that I will handle it properly. I gave specific examples to ensure clarity. Ultimately satire and sarcasm gives out a misleading and discouraging signal. This is the exact opposite of what we are trying accomplish. The student/teacher would appreciate a direct, respectful approach when communicating so that everyone comprehends or succeeds.

Secondly, I read the post about plagiarism. This post taught me about effectively using pictures while blogging, or doing other such tasks. Honestly, I did not know how to give accurate attributions to pictures before EDM 310. In addition, I am glad that I'm finally learning how to give credit to the author of pictures that I use(d). In addition, I learned something new, and of great value. That post and this class, especially, has encouraged me to understand the title modifier code, so that I would prevent a situation like this from ever occurring.

No comments:

Post a Comment