Thursday, March 1, 2012

Blog Post # 6

Love


Randy Pausch's Last Lecture was extraordinary. Mr. Pausch certainly have left an amazing legacy for himself, and I am quite thankful that I was able to watch it. Their where numerous lessons that I learned while watching this video, and taking precise notes.The three most important things that I learned from that speech was to never give up, help others, and to be truthful.
In addition, I will be sure to incorporate other such lessons that Mr. Pausch mentioned, such as always bring something to the table, strive to have high expectations, never give up, show humility, and work hard. If all teachers were like Mr. Pausch, we would have less people dropping out of school, less people going to jail, and other positive situations would transpire out of his encouraging profound influence. I love the "head fake" teaching method because it reminds me of basketball...someone passes you the ball and you look, and act as if you are going one way, and ironically you go the opposite way. To actually do this while teaching is complex,interesting, and time consuming, however Mr. Pausch's implements this very smoothly. He also reminded me that you can't get any where far in this world, alone. For many years, that was my mistake, I truly thought that I didn't need any extra help, nor did I understand the great impact that my fellow classmates could have on my education. In essence, I will use each of Randy Pausch's approach, in an effective way. For instance, I will be sure to not only teach my students, but I will also learn from them, as well. Like the video, "The Last Lecture", I will teach by example meaning, I will show them I care for them first, then enforce positive actions, and then implement the same actions with in myself, every single day! I also enjoyed when he spoke about "keeping your child hood imagination alive". I loved this particular segment, because I am a fan of, "thinking big" and I have an awesome imagination. This type of attitude can become contagious in your classroom, which is exactly what we are trying to accomplish as future teachers. Overall, Mr. Randy is teaching us the values of good character skills, and who wouldn't want to be remembered by that significant title? Live right, sew good seeds, and you will reap great benefits, this was the main point that I gathered from this intense yet, adorable unforgettable moment. Life is short. We should live life on purpose!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristi. I agree with you that Randy Pausch's lecture was both poignant and extraordinary. Like you, although I enjoyed the head fake teaching methodology, it was his life lessons that touched me. However, please proof your entry before publishing so you can catch those grammar mistakes. "Their where" I'm sure was supposed to be "there were." And "learned" and "taking" in the same sentence is mixing tenses. Oh that grammar, ha. You keep "thinking big." Your students will LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete