Friday, March 9, 2012

Blog Post #7

Teacher


The question,"Why does the networked student even need a teacher?",was posed in the video, Networked Student. Hence, I sat and pondered for a while, and I came up with an example to demonstrate just how important teachers are, regardless of the advanced resourceful tools thats available. Right away my imagination took me to the symbolism of planting a garden. It's like the teacher is the water and the sun, and if a plant(s) doesn't get water and sun than it is unable to produce or grow. In other words, teachers do not just occupy the space in the classroom. He/she is a vital aspect to integrate morals, while teaching a basic subject, such as science. As stated on the video, The Network Student, without teachers there would be no one to physically show you how to use  resourceful tools such as technology, properly. Furthermore, teachers are there to provide a direct positive influence, show students how to discern if the information is legitimate, and also teachers are there to display problem solving methods through course of action. Most importantly teachers should work hand and hand with networking students, and it would be a winning combination.

 I watched A 7th Grader PLE and it took me by surprise how well she responded to the Personal Learning Environment(PLE), or Personal Learning Network (PLN). Meanwhile, I did a little comparison on the 7th grader's PLE versus our PLN. To be honest, it was quite similar. For instance, the 7th grader on the video showed us how she had all of her most used information organized.There were reports, website book markers, blogs, pictures and the attributions, finally Skype all on one program. My favorite quote that the 7th grader mentioned was, "You get to have the freedom of learning how to be responsible". This is key to being successful!

3 comments:

  1. "He/she is a vital aspect to integrate morals, while teaching a basic subject, such as science." I do not understand. What are you trying to say in this sentence?

    I suggest you go to the Writing Lab for help. It is located in Alpha East.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi:
    I love that you get why teachers are important, but I agree with Dr. Strange that your writing could use some work. You have a few sentences that don't make sense in here and I was one that should have had different punctuation. I hope you take full advantage of the help offered in the writing lab on campus or even by lab assistants in the EDM lab. Have a great rest of the semester!
    Jeni Stovall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    This week I will go to the writing lab!
    Kristi Jackson

    ReplyDelete