Sunday, April 22, 2012

Blog Post # 12

Blog Post # 12

Why is it important to decorate your classroom? 


decorations
Assignment:
 -Watch, Classroom decorating Ideas for Teachers from Oriental Trading and notice the theme, colors, relevance, students attitudes, creativity, and curiosity.

-Also Watch,My New Classroom by Ellie Gant. Write two paragraphs on how you would set up your classroom. What type of theme would you use and how do you think this will impact the students learning?

-This is what my heart thrives around! Please if it touches you the way it touched me write about it. Here is my favorite video on youtube: A Teacher's Prayer

 It is extremely vital that you decorate your classroom accordingly. Something as simple as decorating can make a huge impact on learning. Just imagine if you walked inside a classroom with black walls and no adequate light. It would be quite frustrating trying to learn in that type of setting. Furthermore, I've found two awesome videos to watch that are great, and involves creative ideas on how to set up a classroom, appropriately.
Classroom decorating Ideas for Teachers from Oriental Trading was extremely creative. I enjoyed the safari theme because she used light colors which convey feelings of relaxing. The students attitudes reflect the teachers attitude, they both were excited about learning.

Ellie Gant organized her classroom from point A to point Z. After Ms. Gant finished her classroom you literally notice the love and time that she dedicated. When I become a teacher my classroom will be extraordinary appealing, but not so much to where it distracts the students. I can visualize it...I would use an ocean theme because it seems peaceful and soothing. I love the sea, and I feel as though it would be an inspiring enhancement for my classroom.  I am a artist at heart, so my decorations will literally jump out in 3D to capture my students attention. I will create a classroom that engages kids to be enthused about learning.

1 comment: